3rd Annual 'Reach Your Peak' Spring Open Water Swim (OWS) Camp
Time & Location
About the Event
The 3rd Annual 'Reach Your Peak' Spring Open Water Swim Camp is presented by Peak Endurance Solutions. This is a one-day open water swim camp led by coaches Ryan Eckert and Taylor Newgaard. The focus of this open water swim camp is on basic open water swim skills and pacing tactics tailored specifically for triathletes. Detailed event information, including a schedule of events as well as equipment needed for the swim camp, will be sent to you in an email after you have completed your registration.
There will be 75 minutes of open water swim education, including mobility for swimming and for comfort in wetsuits, swim warm-up exercises that can be done priot to open water swimming, and putting on a wetsuit properly. Afterwards, there will be a 75 minute swim session consisting of 45-60 minutes of open water skills practice followed by 15-30 minutes of open water "free swimming" in which you will get to practice these new skills and accumulate some swim distance/time. We will be covering a range of open water skills, from beginner to more advanced open water skills. Some of the skills that we will work on include bilateral breathing, sighting, turning at buoys, drafting, and swim exit/entry technique. The purpose of this swim camp is to give triathletes some instruction on foundational open water swim skills and to provide each athlete with drills and concepts that should be incorporated into the athlete's open water-based swim training program for continual improvement. Keep in mind this is a group-based swim camp, and so individual attention to each athlete's technique will be secondary; however, coaches will give individualized instruction and tips when/if we see something to be c corrected. IMPORTANT: Athletes signing up for this swim camp should be comfortable enough to swim in open water with a group as we will be swimming out into open water away from the shoreline (there will be a coach on a kayak if you need assistance while out in the water).
The day and timing of the event is as follows:
Saturday 5/15: 11:00-2:00 pm (check-in and educational, dryland discussion/skills from 11:00-12:30 pm; swim from 12:30-1:45 pm, questions from 1:45-2:00 pm)
Coaches for this clinic include:
1. Ryan Eckert - Masters of Science in Exercise Science, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, USA Triathlon Certified Coach, American Swim Coaches Association Certified Coach, and over 7 years of triathlon experience.
2. Taylor Newgaard: Bachelors of Science in Health and Human Physiology, American Swim Coaches Association Certified Coach, over 7 years of triathlon experience and over 20 years of swimming experience, including 4 years as a D-I swimmer at University of Iowa.
- Standard Registration$125$1250$0
- VIP Registration$100$1000$0
- 2021 Transfer Registration$0$00$0